Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

Today is Blog Action Day, and before i finish using the internet for today while sitting here in this really cold office room, i think about what should i write about.
Where should i start? Let´me see.....I will just let words come out....

I am 28 years old, born in Brazil but living in Germany for the last 5 years. Currently i am spending some time in China, as a part of my studies/research on my second graduation course ("Master" in Infrastructure and Environment). After studying Materials Engineering and working with research and development in the area of Materials Science, i decided i wanted to do something different, where i could use my skills to work with something related to environment protection.
One thing I am quite sure is that we, human beings, are changing this EARTH we live in, and that was given us for free, in such a way (not sustainable!) that probably the great children of my great children will never get to know anything of this planet as it once was.
Oh, maybe I am being to fatalist and pessimist. But i do believe things are unfortunately changing too fast, and that some changes (climate) are REALLY serious!
Well, what else, I do also, thou, believe in these human beings, I believe we can change, we can make thing happen, we HAVE to. Maybe sometimes I do doubt on that, but at
least I really want to believe. And the thing is, I want to change somethings, and I am doing my part. I have been doing what i can in my daily life to help protecting this planet since i realized how important IT is to me. And I want to work with this topic, especially with Solid Waste Management issues.

Being in the most populated country in the World is quite an experience. Many issues i could talk about but the most impressive one: ya, there are soo many people. And they are generating sooo much waste. Despite a relative low per capita generation, when compared to developed countries, at the end of the day, the amount is huge anyway. And this challenging situation will become even more difficult by 2050, when, according to estimatives, 70% of the Chinese population will be living in cities. There is a lot, but really a lot of work to be done here, for sure not only in this area, but, in providing infrastructure in general, water and energy and tranportation.......

Well, I am cold and hungry, I need to go.....
Last words: I don´t know what the future has planned for me, but i just know I have to continue having faith in the human beings, and especially in myself, I want to be good enough in my work and with my good examples for people around me, to help CHANGES to take place!!

We only have this Earth, do you part, take good care of it!